Saturday 19 April 2014

Easter Baking!


The best part of the day... breakfast!!!
It's our first Easter in our new home so wanted to make a big thing of Easter this year. So much so that I've been making Easter nests now since about February!!

Shops seem to sell such lovely Easter decorations these days and I just couldn't resist buying this cute little Easter chicken from John Lewis - it's perfect for sitting on the dresser in our kitchen!  I'm hoping to pick some more decorations in the sale or even have a go at making some!
John Lewis Easter Chicken!
We started off our morning today with Easter breakfast! A great excuse to use some of the lovely Kitchen bits we've been buying over the past few months. I'd love to say I made the hot cross buns but that would be a lie - these ones were pre baked from Tesco and delicious! I did make the Easter nests from scratch though (ok, so they're easy to make, but at least I did it!).

I thought I'd share the recipe too. I know at Easter time we can often be left with loads of half eaten chocolate eggs, so these are a great way to finish off the left overs!!

What you'll need

- 200g of any chocolate of your choice
- 85g of shredded wheat
- 2 large spoon fulls of golden syrup
- Decorations of your choice (I chose Milky Bar Mini eggs)
- Cupcake Cases

How to make the Easter nests

- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt over a pan of boiling water
- Break the shredded wheat into a bowl, adding the two large spoon fulls of golden syrup
- Once the chocolate has fully melted, all you need to do is stir in into the shredded wheat!
- Then the easy part, spooning your mixture into cupcake cases
- Decorate to finish!

Simple Spring Easter Nests!
You'll find loads more Easter ideas in Pippa Middleton's Celebrate book
And it's as easy as that.I also made a helpful video below - mostly because I wanted to try out a new app I have for making videos!


With Love
Charlotte

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Flutterbydott.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig