Friday 23 May 2014

30th Birthday Ideas

Bunting from Lushy Peas
 
On Sunday my sister Polly turns 30 and whilst I've been carefully planning the finer detail of her birthday for quite some time, the day has suddenly crept upon me.

Luckily for me, Polly's always been very easy to buy for, she loves all things pink and Disney! She's a typical girly girl with a love for the theatre and performing. As it's her 30th I not only wanted to buy her something special, I also wanted to have a part in planning the big day!

We're having friends and family over on Sunday to celebrate and over the past few months, I've spent countless nights trawling through Pinterest images for ideas for the big day! Whilst it was obvious that Polly's party would always be pink and girly, I wanted to provide an alternative for those who aren't so keen on pink.. like me!!

Polly's Pink Party


Perfect for any girly girl, regardless of age. The theme here is pink, girly and floral!! Bunting is really popular at the moment and is a great finishing touch to any garden party. It's also really easy to make, all you need is some fabric, crinkly scissors and a needle and thread!! Or if you're short of time... or just wanted someone else to do it for you (like me!) then there's loads of places to buy from online. I hand my hand made and designed by Lushy Peas www.lushypeas.co.uk . They have loads of cute Shabby Chic bits which are available to order through Facebook.


Ideas for a pink party

- Pink Candy Buffet
- Pink Tealights in old Jam Jars with a pink ribbon bow
- Pink Cupcakes
- Pink Fruit Skewers with chocolate dipping sauce
- Macaroons/Candy Floss/Pink Popcorn

Photos taken from Pinterest
Party through the years

What a great way to celebrate a big birthday (or any birthday!)than to reminisce through previous birthdays. This idea was inspired by a 'Made in 1984' cushion which I found on Not on the Highstreet. Get everyone together who means something to you and reminisce about old times.

Ideas for Party through the years
  • Old photos of family and friends
  • Games you used to play when you were younger - pin the tail on the donkey, apple bobbing
  • Food you used to have when you were little. I think everyone had a McDonald's party when they were younger, why not recreate it by making your own happy meal's - a burger and chips in a box with a personalised gift as a reminder of the day.
Ideas taken from Pinterest
I hope you enjoyed this post. I'll be posting a blog on Monday with some photos from the day! If you have any more ideas for a pink party - please comments below! There's still time for me to add some extra things!!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Flutterbydott.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig