Friday 9 May 2014

I packed my bag... Holiday Edition

I’m off to sunny Spain this weekend and wanted to share with you my holiday essentials - everything which I'll be carrying in my hand luggage!
 
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream
 My flight leaves at 6am which means leaving for the airport at 1am!!! Yawn Yawn Yawn!! Whilst I’ll feel like an absolute grotbags, I don’t want to look like one – therefore it’s essential that I take good care of my skin. I’ll be drinking plenty of water throughout the morning and flight to make sure my skin stays hydrated. Planes are especially bad for dehydrating skin so it’s extra important to take care of it! Before the flight, I’ll be using the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour cream. This is a beauty essential for most people and it’s great for just about everything. I tend to use it whilst travelling when my face is free of makeup. It adds a glow to your skin leaving you looking fresh faced – not like you’ve been up all night!
This really is the only beauty product I use when flying – I’m terrified of flying so there is nothing worse then getting up in the air with mascara strewn down your face from crying during take off! 
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream
That leads me on nicely to my second essential
 
Batch Rescue Remedy
If you have a fear of anything, this stuff is a god send. I use it prior to flying, important meetings at work or generally when I’m out and about feeling anxious. You just put a couple of drops of your tongue as soon as you start to feel nervous and the natural remedy of Bach flowers start to calm your nerves. I know what you're thinking – it’s probably all in the mind. I generally believe that this product works for me and would definitely recommend it to anyone who suffers from anxiety and nerves. The great thing about it is that is comes in many different products such as spray, drops and pastels.

 
A good book - In this case 'The List' by Joanna Bolouri
I love reading but usually only get the time to read properly whilst I'm on holiday. I thinks there's something exciting about choosing your holiday book. It's a whole new time of shopping. Rows upon rows on neatly stacked books and I have to admit I do judge a book by its cover - every time! This time, I chose 'The List' by Joanna Bolouri. My friends always laugh at me for the amount of lists I make about everything so this title caught my eye! The books about described as the modern ladies Bridgett Jones. I'll review it when I'm back for those of you wanting to read.
The List - Joanna Bolouri
Sunglasses
There's nothing worse than stepping onto the plane in your English winter gear only to step off in the glorious sunshine - immediately feeling over dresses and reaching for the deodorant. I always wear something cool for the plane but take something to wrap up in during the flight. My sunnies are always at the top of my travel bag - ready to step off the plane into the glorious sunshine but also to hide my tired eyes after the journey! These ones were £1 from Primark. I'm going on a girly holiday so wanted a pair which I don't have to worry about losing!

They'll be loads more in my carry on bag - I'm female after all! We never know what we might need and when so packing for every eventuality is a must! Therefore iv classes everything else as bits and bobs.. Probably should be titled things I probably won't need but nether the less have felt the need to pack!
Bits and bobs! Including ear plugs, hair clips and mini Jo Malone
Apologies for the picture quality in the photos. I also packed my camera already!
 
I hope you enjoyed this post. This will the first in the series of 'I packed my bag' and hope to do, festival edition, shopping edition, first date etc etc!!!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Flutterbydott.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig