Sunday 4 May 2014

April Favourites

 

There's been so many products I've been loving this month that it was hard to pick a select few for my April favourites! April for me, was all about Spring colours and scents - fresh, dainty and floral!
 
 Jo Malone - Peony and Blush Suede Cologne &English Pear & Freesia Body & Hand Lotion
 I was lucky enough to be invited to consultation with Jo Malone Norwich earlier on in the year. My favourite Jo Malone scent is Pomegranate Noir so for me Peony and Blush Suede is a much lighter, floral scent. At the consultation, I mentioned that I wanted to add another fragrance to it to make it stronger and longer lasting throughout the day. They suggested I try English Pear and Freesia. For those who haven't tried it, you must!! I must admit it's probably not one which I would have just picked up and sprayed, but it fastly becoming my favourite scent for Spring/Summer. I decided to buy it in the body and hand lotion as thought it was a good base for spritzing the perfume on. My favourite flowers are Peonies and Freesias so this makes a great combo!!


Tanya Burr Nail Polish in 'Be bright, be happy, be you!'

 I've been a fan of Tanya's since she appeared in Pixiwoo's videos so when she launched her beauty products, I just had to purchase some!! My Mum bought me 'Be bright, be happy, be you' for Easter and I don't think I've taken it off my nails since! The polish paints on quite thickly which is perfect if your in a hurry, with only time for one coat. Adding another layer creates extra shine with almost a gel look to the finish. I would describe the colour as a Barbie pink - great to wear with light denims, white tops and statement jewelry.
 LOreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara 
 This has been my staple mascara since it launched! The brush is perfect for separating and defining lashes. I wear it in black, but it's also available in extra black (I find extra back a bit too heavy for during the day). I'm lucky that I already have quite long lashes but the mascara still creates additional length. This is available in Boots priced at £10.99 (currently in the 3 for 2 offer - I tend to stock up!!). I'm going to do a separate mascara post with before and after photos so you can see the effect you can create by layering this mascara.

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat
I suffer from dark circles under my eyes so the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat is my morning must have for instantly hiding tired eyes! Whilst it's at the higher end of the price range for a concealer, I'm yet to find a product that works just as well (any suggestions please let me know). I wear the colour 2.5 and apply my foundation, powder and bronzer first and then apply under my eyes. I then use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to dab the concealer in (careful not to rub it in too much or you'll end up making your eyes look worse!). 

 Dior Addict Lip Glow - Colour Awakening Lip balm  
This product claims to beautify and durably enhance the lips natural colour. I don't tend to wear too much colour on my lips so this product is great. It's pale pink in colour but when applied, it just adds a soft tint to your lips. I love this colour for the Summer, teamed with a pale pink blush such as Mac Fleur Power.It also hydrates the lips, leaving them feeling soft smooth.

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I have been hooked on the Jo Malone fragrances since my boyfriend bought me the Blackberry and Bay one for Xmas, it's amazing! :) x

    ReplyDelete

© Flutterbydott.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig