Saturday 3 May 2014

London.. I Love You!

Pancakes at The Breakfast Club Spitalfields

I love London! Whatever your budget London is the perfect place for a day trip or weekend away.

My boyfriend Andrew and I set ourselves a budget of £150 for a night away. We chose London as there's so much to do there plus it's only a couple of hours in the car away from where we live.

We stayed at the Premier Inn in Redbridge. Whilst they're basic, you know what your getting and this ones located about a 20 minute tube ride out of Central London - perfect for stepping off the tube after a long day shopping!

I've seen so many blog posts about the breakfast clubso I decided to add it to my bucket list for 2014. The food looks amazing, the atmosphere looks amazing and I can confirm it's just that! We chose The Breakfast club in Spitalfields. As soon as I opened the door, I fell in love! It's just like being in an American diner - including the portion size! I chose the pancakes and berries which is 4 pancakes with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and vanilla cream. Not forgetting the drizzling of maypole syrup which the waiter topped up during the meal.

The photo speaks for itself. These pancakes were well worth the money. I have a feeling I'll never try anything else from the menu for fear it won't live up to these!!

Today is going to be a good day!
 
I felt slightly guilty for chomping through these (even thought I accompanied them with a healthy OJ which technically wiped out some of the calories - I can wish!) we decided to take a walk round Camden market and then onto Nottinghill. There's so many pretty places in London we haven't been before so it was great just walking around and taking a look at all of the beautifully coloured houses on Portabello Road.
 
Takeaway from the Hummingbird Bakery - Nottinghill

To finish off the day we cycled through Hyde Park and Kensington gardens - stopping off along the way to visit the Princess Diana memorial and Kensington palace. If you've not been on the Barclays bikes before, I definitely recommend it. It's such a quick way to explore the parks - it also makes a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the busy London streets.

Cycling through Hyde Park

Met this lovely lady in Harrods... Day Made!
London on a budget

Premier inn Redbridge - £40
Day tube tickets - £17
Breakfast for two at the breakfast club - £25
Cakes at the hummingbird bakery - £6
Barclays cycle hire for 24 hours £10
Dinner at Hard Rock Cafe - £35

Total - £133

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Flutterbydott.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig