Wednesday 18 June 2014

How I Edit My Blog Photos

 
 
Recently a lot of you've been asking what camera and apps I use to edit my photos. Whilst I use my I phone 5 for a number of photos, I'm also lucky that my Dad allows me to borrow his Cannon. He's really into photography so has a load of different cameras and lenses which I borrow!

Choosing Your Background  
Whilst text makes up the main body of the blog, photos draw the readers eye to the article and therefore need to be really engaging.
A lot of beauty bloggers have white furniture which they use as a background - please do not think you need to go out and buy loads of expensive white furniture! It's easy to find some simple yet exciting backgrounds around the home.
When I'm trying to show off a product, I tend to use a white background for no other reason that it makes the product stand out to the reader. Sometimes busy backgrounds can distract from what you're talking about. My top ideas for a great background are:

1. Simple white
2. Grass
3. Plants
4. Pattern quilt cover
5. Into the sky


Turn a Photo Into a Picture
One of my favourite parts of blogging is to get the photo just right! Whilst a white background makes your product stand out, on it's own it's also rather boring so I try to accessorise the photo as much as I can, without cluttering! For example choosing flowers which compliment your product not only look great, but show how much effort has gone into the set up of the photo. My top 5 favourite accessorise are

1. Flowers
2. Candles
3. Fairy lights
4. Glass bottles
5. Other products if out of focus

My top tip is to be careful to show off too many products in one photo - it's great if you do but try to blur them slightly so you're only showing one at a time. You don't need fancy cameras to do this, this can be easily faked using Instagram.



Lighting
It's hard to get the lighting just right when blogging, especially if your only able to work on your blog in the evenings. Again there is a great app which allows you to brighten the light on your photos. I usually use whiteagram but I'm sure there are some similar apps out there which do the same thing.

Editing Using Apps 
If you've read my blog before, you'll notice that I love to add sparkles to my photos! I think it adds something extra and also makes the photo look super pretty! My favourite apps to use are

1. Whiteagram
2. Instagram
3. Afterlight
4. Repix
5. A Beautiful Mess

I don't want this to be a really long blog post but I want to show you the process of one of my images from start to finish and how you can completely change the look of an image.


Whiteagram, Repix, Afterlight, A Beautiful Mess
 
It's great to make our photos look better but be careful not to change the colour too much. If you're reviewing a product we want to know what it actually looks like!

And now for a little glimpse behind the scences of my blogging pics! I mentioned earlier that you don't need to spend loads of money on expensive white furniture. I'm currently in the process of redecorating my dressing room. I bought some shoe shelves from Argos for £11 each and they're just sitting in the room waiting to be put in my new wardrobe. And here's the secret.. Every time I want to take a blogging photo, the shoes all come off, the flowers/fairy lights/candles go on and there you have it... My very own backdrop for blogging! All for £11! Here's a photo of what it looks like behind the camera - the part which you never see!!
 
 

I hope this has answered some of the questions you had plus inspired you to take some photos for your blog! With Summer on its way, I can't wait to get out there and take some photos outside!

Happy snapping!!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love this post. The editing apps are really helpful, I definitely need to spend more time on my photos :-)

    http://blonde--vision.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love editing my photos! Xx

    ReplyDelete

© Flutterbydott.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig