Wednesday 11 June 2014

My Everday Foundations

Finding the right foundation for your skin type and colour can be a time consuming process, however get it right and you won't have the dreaded orange mark on your jawline!

Once I find a foundation that suits me, I tend to stick with it. That's why I've been using the same foundation for a number if years. Don't get me wrong, I do occasionally mix it up and try new products, but for me, nothing has come close to the foundations below.

Everyday Foundation

I work in an office Monday to Friday 9-5 so maintaining a glowy tan is near enough impossible. That's why I chose a much paler lighter coverage foundation during the week.
I swear by Loreal True Match foundation (in the colour sand) and have been using it for years now. The light coverage means my skin is able to breathe during the day plus in a professional job, I don't want to be caked in foundation. It smooths the skin leaving my skin looking natural and acts as a great base for bronzer and powder.
The only negative about this product is that by 5 the foundation has started to wear off. I'm not someone who reapplies makeup during the day - I much prefer to put it on in the morning and leave it.

Evening Foundation

Up until last week I had one 'best' foundation. You girls know what I mean by best - you buy a product or item of clothing and keep it for 'best'.. well I do the same with foundation.
I use Studio Fix Fluid in NC35 - it's the perfect colour for me when I've fake tanned. It provides a much thicker coverage which means it stays on your face until you remove it! It's great for nights out as you know you won't need to be touching it up all evening - there's nothing worse than trying to carry a glass bottle of foundation in your clutch on a night out! This gives my skin a matt finish without making my pores look clogged.

Because I love the results from the Mac foundation so much, I wanted to try a paler colour for everyday use at work. I visited the Mac counter at my local department store (Jarrolds Norwich) and was advised that Pro Longwear offers the same lasting finish but a lighter coverage. I bought it in the colour NC40 - much darker than the Studio Fix I know but the makeup artist mentioned that Pro Longwear needs to be worked into the skin, so a darker colour will actually appear much lighter on the skin. I also took away a tester for Pro Longwear in a lighter colour for work - I'll let you know how I get on with this.

I apply all of my foundations with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I've also been a lover of the Stippling brush before - but my current fav is the Expert Face Brush.

If you have any recommendations for an everyday foundations which lasts all day, please comment in the box below.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Flutterbydott.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig