Tuesday 17 June 2014

Well we're halfway through June and I'm now writing my May favourites! But better late than never hey! It was hard to chose just a few this month, but these really stood out. I try to do a variety of favourites, makeup, hair, you tuber etc.

Urban Decay Naked Pallette 2
I love all of the naked pallets but this month I have been loving naked 2. For those of you who don't own one (where have you been) there are three options to chose from:

Naked 1- 12 gorgeous bronze shades in a suede case
Naked 2 - 12 neutrals in a tin case
Naked 3 - 12 rose neutrals in a hard tin

The reason why I chose Naked 2 over Naked 1 (I don't have 3) is because I've been on a couple of holidays this month and the tin case provides extra protection whilst travelling. I know what your thinking, do I need to take 12 eyeshadow a on holiday. Well the answer is yes. The naked pallets are all designed to beautifully compliment each other - which means you can mix and match different colours every night if you're on holiday! They do a smaller travel version but the colours are all matt and I like a little bit of a shimmery shade!
My favourite colours in naked 2 are 'chopper' for all over the lid 'busted' for the outer corners and underneath the eyes and 'bootycall' as a brow highlight.


Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
I have really been loving my real techniques expert face brush this month for applying foundation. Although it's much smaller than some of the foundation brushes I have used previously, it's actually great at buffing foundation into the skin - providing an ultra flawless look. When I went from using previous foundations brushes to the expert face brush, not only did I notice the difference but my friends noticed the difference too. I think I purchased this for around £12 (they're usually in boots 3 for 2). £12 for a foundation brush is towards the lower end of the market in comparison to companies such as Mac and Bobbi Brown, but this product is nothing like low end! I have been using this for 4/5 months now and the bristles remain exactly as purchased. I often find with Mac brushes that the brush sheds after a couple of weeks - this doesn't happen with Real Techniques.
I previously used the Real Techniques stippling brush which was a close second favourite but I managed to ruin mine washing it!


Molton Brown Pink Pepper Pod Body Wash
No there's a mouthful! I actually had this as a Christmas present but tried to keep hold of it as long as possible before using it in order to proudly display it in my bathroom (yes I'm that sad!). I love Molton Brown products - from the gorgeous slick packaging to the brightly coloured liquids. The great thing about them is that the scent is so strong that you only need to use a small amount of product.
I have had the pink pepper pod fragrance before and I have to admit it may not be for everyone! It's made from ground pink pepper pods so the scent is spicy! It smooths your skin leaving it hydrated and smelling yummy!
The Molton Brown body washes are prices at around £18 - a high end product but great for a night of pampering. I would recommend people to try this product before buying as whilst this scent may not be got you, they have loads to chose from. I actually double this up as a bubble bath - not sure if i should do that hmmmmmm let me know!


TRESemme Split Remedy Treatment Mask
My hair is extremely dry and I mean split ends on split ends. This has been caused from years of taming my wild hair which GHD's. I wanted to try a cheaper hair product which is not only great for my hair, but that I wouldn't worry about the cost when applying it thickly.
I have used a couple of Tresemme products before and seen great results and the Expert Recovery hair mask did not disappoint! It claims to recover parched, dried out ends and lengths.
I apply to the ends of my hair after washing and leave on for 5-10 minutes before washing. Immediately after washing my hair is noticeably smoother and much more manageable when trying to brush through. Whilst I still have split ends (it didn't work miracles) after a couple of uses they appeared visibly repaired.
I use this 1-2 times a week as a treat to my hair.

Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel
This stands out to me as my number 1 favourite product of May. This seems so much more than a cleansing gel. You put if on your face as a gel, it's then turns into an oil, removing makeup and dirt along the way. When you wash it off, the consistency is much more milky and you'll notice the gel has turned white in colour. Again I use this 1/2 times a week as a treat to my skin. I love the smell of Clarins products, it reminds me of visiting a spa so great for a night of home pampering.


Favourite You Tuber
I spend a lot of time watching You Tube videos!! I have around 10 favourite You Tubers but my favourite of all time and for the month of May is...... Funforloui.

For those of you who havnt watched his channel (you must, must, must, watch it!)  Loui vlogs every single day!! That's like a whole new soap opera but without the drama!

Loui is super down to earth and vlogs his every day life.. You'll mostly find him skateboarding to a coffee shop of hanging out with his friends.. His vlogs also follow him travelling around the world, on meet ups and charity projects. Funforloui is a breathe of fresh air in the world of vlogging. If you haven't seen him.. Click here now! It's great viewing whilst applying your makeup in the morning!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Flutterbydott.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig