Tuesday 13 January 2015

Birthday Haul

I'm not getting old... I'm getting better

Last week I turned 28 and celebrated getting one year older with a trip to the beach! Typically it rained, so my idea of walking along the beach hand in hand whilst eating fish and chips actually turned into eating chips in the shop and running back to the car in the pouring rain!

When we were finally back in the dry I blew the candles out on my cake and opened some of my presents. You all seemed to love my Christmas haul and so I though I would post a quick Birthday haul too! My birthday is super close to Christmas and so I usually tend to get vouchers and money to spend throughout the year along with some lovely gifts. 

So, in no particular order, here are a couple of pressies I received.

The Sanctuary Shower Gel and Body Creams
I love this set! I tend to go running on my lunch break and so these teeny tiny shower gels and body creams are just a perfect way to relax in the shower before going back to work. At this time of the year Boots usually have the Sanctuary products in the sale - a get time to stock up for the year!

GHD Air
I have been meaning to buy a new hairdryer for a while now as I find the one I use currently takes a long time to dry my hair. To be honest I have no idea what to look for when buying a hairdryer but luckily my Mum did her research and found the GHD Air. I've since watched You Tube reviews of it and I have to say I am really excited to use it! It claims to give you a 'more powerful and efficient blow dry'  whilst giving softer, shiny results and removing frizz. That's a lot for one hairdryer so I will let you know how I get on with this. If you have tried it then let me know.

Tanya Burr Lashes - Everyday Flutter
I am so excited to try these lashes! I used to have really long lashes but I find with stress at work I tend to pull on them throughout the day which causes them to fall out. I think I will save these for a night out or a trip away - an occasion where I need some extra flutter!

Zoella Fix Bar
My friend bought me this as she knows how much I love to watch Zoella! I also received a lot of Lush bath bombs for Christmas and my birthday (I have 21 to get through!). The thing I love about this product is that it comes in a wrapper. This means I can pop it in my bathroom cabinet and save it until I need a relaxing soak without worrying that the product will get damaged.


Lush - Unicorn Horn
I was super excited to open this present! As soon as I saw the packaging I was hoping to find the unicorn horn inside! My friend actually bought this for me when it was first released and so it didn't come with a product label but I could straight away recognise the Lavender scent. This is a bubble bar which means you can break bits off it and use in more than one bath. I will probably get three uses out of this and save it for an occasion where I need a really good nights sleep! 

The White Company Shower Gel Set
This set contains 4 good sized white company products. These will add a little bit of luxury in my bathroom and once I have used them I will probably fill them with cheaper products (we all do that right!!). My favourite scent is the White Lavender. I often find it really hard to switch off at night so Lavender products are a must have for me.
Emma Bridgewater - Notebook and Pen
I have mentioned this many times before but I love making lists! I also love Emma Bridgewater so this little set is perfect for me!
I hope you enjoyed this post. Apologies for the quality of photos here - we have had a super wet and windy weekend so any form of natural light in my house was impossible to find!
Love Charlotte

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. What lovely gifts - sounds like you had a wonderful birthday, despite the pouring rain! I totally get you about having a birthday so close to Christmas too. My birthday is next week and I seem to get a few of the things that I didn't get from my Christmas wish list, not that I mind but it's almost like the leftovers, haha! Xx

    Katie | The Last Souvenir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday ��
    I have the GHD hairdryer. Best one I've have had. Still going after 3/4 years.

    ReplyDelete

© Flutterbydott.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig