Saturday 31 January 2015

Do More Of What Makes You Happy



I love this quote and as we're nearing the end of January I thought it would a great time to say goodbye to those January blues and hello to all the super fun stuff which we can do in February!!

There seems to be a preconception these days that fun things are expensive things. Shopping, afternoon tea, champagne lunches, pamper days. The list goes on!

Why do we now live in a world where we must fill our time with doing everything to 'fit in' with the crowd? Social media. That's why!

Whilst social media is a great for many reasons, it can also act as a way to prove ourselves within our friendship groups. This shouldn't be the case. Our spare time is all about having fun and as they say, the best things in life are free!

So get out there. Do more of what makes YOU happy! Don't try to fit in with the crowd. After all were all unique and we all have our own lives to lead!

Today I've been reflecting on what makes me happy and what I'll be doing more of this February!

1. Exercise
This doesn't have to mean joining the gym. Take a walk everyday after work/school. Take the stairs rather than the lift. Do some exercises in the ad breaks on TV.
Exercise has been known to release endorphins, making you feel great about yourself. Not to mention it also improves sleep.

2. Pamper nights
We all love a pamper but we don't need to be spending hundreds of pounds on expensive spa days. Why not invite your friends over and ask them to bring 5 beauty products each. Clear a space in your bathroom and set up your own Spa! It's a great way to try new products before your purchase them!

3. Learn something new
Ever wanted to learn a new talent but just not been able to afford the lessons? These days You Tube opens us up to some many opportunities of learning something new. Whether it's a language, a sport or even just learning about another country, it's a great way to keep our brains working! All for free!

4. Bake
I'm such a lover of popping out to the local cafe and ordering a freshly made cake! There is something about homemade cakes which just isn't the same as any you buy in the shops, so why not make you own? I think were all guilty of owing a load of recipe books but never actually using them! So get your apron out and get baking!!!

5. Spend time with people you love
For me, this is the most important. I am at my happiest when I'm surrounded by the people I love. Last week we spent the evening with my family playing the game 'Boggle'. Some people may think this is boring but I actually really enjoyed going back to my childhood and having a giggle!

I hope this has inspired you to think about what makes you happy and start to do more of it!

Let me know what makes you happy!

Love Charlotte x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This is such a sweet post and really cheered me up :)

    ps. I absolutely love your blog!

    Bethan | Thought from Beth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Now following your blog so look forward to your posts!! xx

    ReplyDelete

© Flutterbydott.. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig